Lack of sleep can be experienced by anyone at any stage of life and usually it goes away after a couple of days. However, there are certain cases where the episode stays for a longer duration and can damage the health of an individual. Now-a-days due to stressful lifestyle every other individual complains of sleep related struggles and buy sleeping pills UK to counter the situation. The following topic will highlight the scares that lack of sleep can cause.
DEFINITION OF A HEALTHY SLEEP:
A healthy sleep is an un-interrupted, peaceful sleep for the optimum amount of time after which an individual feels fresh and relaxed the following morning. The time duration of sleep is different for different age groups and as per the developing stage and need of a body.
RECOMMENDED SLEEP TIMINGS FOR DIFFERENT AGE GROUPS:
Newborns tend to sleep up to 18 to 20 hours in short intervals. Teenagers sleep for 14 hours and an average male adult needs to have 7 hours of sound sleep and an average adult female needs to sleep for 8 hours to feel fresh and active the following morning. As a person ages the sleep quality and quantity also declines with the advancing age.
Sleep disorders are all sort of disorders that are linked with the quality and quantity of sleep to the extent that they have started affecting the quality of an individual’s life. The lack of sleep is categorized as insomnia in medical terms. The issues with the sleep pattern can be of the following types:
- The individual complains of his or her struggles with falling asleep and such a type is known as sleep onset insomnia.
- Some complains of being unable to sleep for the required amount of time and because of so they always feel tired and drained. They complain of waking up after 3 to 4 or so hours and are unable to go back to sleep.
- Some patients have issues of waking up repeatedly between the sleep and is labelled as nocturnal awakening episodes and then they find it really hard to go back to sleep and overall, the whole sleeping time period is disturbed and is labelled as sleep maintenance insomnia.
All these symptoms can be short live and are labell as acute insomnia or long lived in cases of chronic insomnia. Management is required in terms of counselling, therapy and UK sleeping pills because lack of sleep can greatly affect an individual’s health
EFFECTS OF LACK OF SLEEP ON HEALTH:
Lack of sleep if present for one or two days will not cause a lot of issues but if the sleeplessness prevails then it can have a number of adverse effects on the physical and mental health. The effects in the form of sign and symptoms that it can cause are as follows:
- Feeling drowsy and sleepy
- Feeling un-well and lethargic
- Confused state of mind
- Unable to concentrate
- Memory related issues such as forgetfulness
- Lack of appetite
- Behavioral changes
- Mood swings
- Lack of interest in any activity
- Changes in libido
- Abrupt changes in weight
- Social distancing
- Depressive thoughts
- Balance issues, chances of fall in elderly
- Substance or drug abuse to induce sleep
- Sleeplessness can also serve as the foundation of all the diseases such as diabetes, heart related issues, infertility, psychological disorders etc.
Lack of sleep can cause both physical health related concerns and psychological health related concerns. Timely management is the key to limit the damage it can cause.
HOW TO OVERCOME SLEEP DISORDERS:
The foremost step should be to identify the cause that is causing sleeplessness and monitor it. The management can be start by oneself by trying to maintain a healthy and disciplined lifestyle, limiting the electronic and gadgets use specially at night time.
If self-management has failed to improve the situation, then psychotherapeutic techniques such as CBT, sleep hygiene practices, breathing exercises for relaxing and psychological counselling can help you with your sleep related struggles.
If the two already mentioned approaches have failed than the role of sleeping pills become crucial which can be obtained from drug stores and one can also buy sleeping pills online but it is important to involve an expert as these are controlled medicines and have very narrow safety window.
HOW TO GET SLEEPING PILLS:
Drug stores are the main source and sleeping pills UK next day delivery option has helped the masses by easing out the drug procurement procedure.
Comments are closed.